These Happy Golden Years CD (Little House #8) (CD-Audio)
Email or call for price.
Other Books in Series
This is book number 8 in the Little House series.
- #1: Little House in the Big Woods: Full Color Edition (Paperback): $9.99
- #2: Farmer Boy CD (Little House #2) (Abridged / CD-Audio): $25.99
- #3: Little House on the Prairie (Paperback): $8.99
- #4: On the Banks of Plum Creek: Full Color Edition: A Newbery Honor Award Winner (Little House #4) (Paperback): $9.99
- #5: Christmas Stories: Reillustrated Edition: A Christmas Holiday Book for Kids (Little House Chapter Book #5) (Paperback): $4.99
- #6: The Long Winter: Full Color Edition: A Newbery Honor Award Winner (Little House #6) (Paperback): $9.99
- #7: Little Town on the Prairie: A Newbery Honor Award Winner (Little House #7) (Hardcover): $16.99
- #9: The First Four Years: Full Color Edition (Little House #9) (Paperback): $9.99
- #10: Christmas Stories (Little House Chapter Books: Laura (Prebound) #10) (Prebound): $16.80
The eighth book in Laura Ingalls Wilder's treasured Little House series, and the recipient of a Newbery Honor.
Fifteen-year-old Laura lives apart from her family for the first time, teaching school in a claim shanty twelve miles from home. She is very homesick, but she knows that her earnings can help pay for her sister Mary's tuition at the college for the blind. Only one thing gets her through the lonely weeks—every weekend, Almanzo Wilder arrives at the school to take Laura home for a visit. Friendship soon turns to love for Laura and Almanzo.
The nine Little House books are inspired by Laura's own childhood and have been cherished by generations of readers as both a unique glimpse into America's frontier history and as heartwarming, unforgettable stories.
About the Author
Laura Ingalls Wilder (1867–1957) was born in a log cabin in the Wisconsin woods. With her family, she pioneered throughout America’s heartland during the 1870s and 1880s, finally settling in Dakota Territory. She married Almanzo Wilder in 1885; their only daughter, Rose, was born the following year. The Wilders moved to Rocky Ridge Farm at Mansfield, Missouri, in 1894, where they established a permanent home. After years of farming, Laura wrote the first of her beloved Little House books in 1932. The nine Little House books are international classics. Her writings live on into the twenty-first century as America’s quintessential pioneer story.
Cherry Jones won the Tony® Award for best actress for both The Heiress and Doubt, and received two Tony® nominations for her work in A Moon for the Misbegotten and Our Country's Good; she can be seen in the films The Perfect Storm, Erin Brockovich, The Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood, and Cold Mountain.