Other Books in Series
This is book number 2 in the Anne of Green Gables series.
- #1: Anne of Green Gables (Paperback): $15.99
- #3: Anne of the Island: The third book in the Anne of Green Gables series, written by Lucy Maud Montgomery about Anne Shirley (Paperback): $19.99
- #4: Anne of Windy Poplars (Anne of Green Gables Novels #4) (Prebound): $16.80
- #5: Anne's House of Dreams (Anne of Green Gables #5) (Paperback): $27.99
- #6: Anne of Ingleside (Anne of Green Gables #6) (Paperback): $30.99
- #7: Rainbow Valley (Anne of Green Gables #7) (Paperback): $30.99
- #8: Rilla of Ingleside (Anne of Green Gables #8) (Paperback): Email or call for price.
'Anne of Avonlea' is the second novel in the 'Anne of Green Gables' series. It follows the grown up redhead as she enters maturity and develops as a young adult. Although Anne is now a responsible adult and teacher, she continues to get her self into all manner of imaginative predicaments. There are lots of adventures to be had with her new problematic neighbour, the twins and her band of trusty friends.
This early work by Lucy Maud Montgomery was originally published in 1909 and we are now republishing it with a brand new introductory biography. Lucy Maud Montgomery was born on 30th November 1874, New London, in the Canadian province of Prince Edward Island. Her mother, Clara Woolner (Macneil), died before Lucy reached the age of two and so she was raised by her maternal grandparents in a family of wealthy Scottish immigrants. In 1908 Montgomery produced her first full-length novel, titled 'Anne of Green Gables'. It was an instant success, and following it up with several sequels, Montgomery became a regular on the best-seller list and an international household name.