#1 New York Times Bestseller! Get thousands of facts at your fingertips with this essential resource: sports, pop culture, science and technology, U.S. history and government, world geography, business, and so much more.
The World Almanac® is America’s bestselling reference book of all time, with more than 83 million copies sold. For more than 150 years, this compendium of information has been the authoritative source for school, library, business, and home. The 2023 edition of The World Almanac reviews the biggest events of 2022 and will be your go-to source for questions on any topic in the upcoming year. Praised as a “treasure trove of political, economic, scientific and educational statistics and information” by The Wall Street Journal, The World Almanac and Book of Facts will answer all of your trivia needs effortlessly.
- Special Feature: Coronavirus Status Report: A special section provides up-to-the-minute information about the world’s largest public health crisis in at least a century. Statistical data and graphics across dozens of chapters show how the pandemic continues to affect the economy, work, family life, education, and culture.
- 2022 Election Results: The World Almanac provides a comprehensive look at the entire 2022 election process, including Election Day results for House, Senate, and gubernatorial races.
- 2022—Top 10 News Topics: The editors of The World Almanac list the top stories that held the world's attention in 2022, from the death of Queen Elizabeth to the invasion of Ukraine.
- 2022—Year in Sports: Hundreds of pages of trivia and statistics that are essential for any sports fan, featuring complete coverage of the Winter Olympic Games in Beijing and the 2022 World Series.
- World Almanac Editors' Picks: Most Memorable Rivalry Match-ups: Looking back from Coach K's final Duke-UNC face-off in 2022, The World Almanac editors created a list of all-time favorite rivalry games across sports history.
- 2022—Year in Pictures: Striking full-color images from around the world in 2022, covering news, entertainment, science, and sports.
- 2022—Offbeat News Stories: The World Almanac editors found some of the strangest news stories of the year.
- World Almanac Editors' Picks: Time Capsule: The World Almanac lists the items that most came to symbolize the year 2022.
- The World at a Glance: This annual feature of The World Almanac provides a quick look at the surprising stats and curious facts that define the changing world.
About the Author
Sarah Janssen is the editor of The World Almanac and Book of Facts. She lives in Brooklyn, New York.