Email or call for price.
Get thousands of facts at your fingertips with this essential resource.
The World Almanac® and Book of Facts is America’s best-selling reference book of all time, with more than 82 million copies sold. For more than 150 years, this compendium of information has been the authoritative source for all your entertainment, reference, and learning needs. The 2020 edition of The World Almanac reviews the biggest events of 2019 and will be your go-to source for questions on any topic in the upcoming year. Praised as a “treasure trove of political, economic, scientific and educational statistics and information” by The Wall Street Journal, The World Almanac and Book of Facts will answer all of your trivia needs effortlessly—from history and sports to geography, pop culture, and much more.
- Decade in Review: As the ‘teens’ decade closes, take a look at the highlights, low points, and everything-in-between of the past 10 years. From the introduction of Obamacare and iPads in 2010 to “Old Town Road” and the immigration policy debate in 2019, The World Almanac provides a recap of events and puts into perspective just how much has—and hasn’t—changed in the last 10 years.
- 2020 Election Preview: The World Almanac provides a comprehensive look at the entire 2020 election process, including a calendar of state primaries and caucuses. Also includes 2019 election results for governors’ seats and special congressional elections.
- World Almanac Editors’ Picks: Never Say Die: With Tiger Woods achieving the seemingly impossible in 2019 with his 15th major title—his first Masters win in 14 years—the editors list their favorite major comeback moments from athletes across the sports universe.
- The World at a Glance: This annual feature of The World Almanac provides a quick look at the surprising stats and curious facts that define the changing world. Includes a sneak peek at upcoming celebrity milestone birthdays in 2020.
- Statistical Spotlight: A popular annual graphic feature highlights statistics relevant to the biggest news of the year. These data visualizations provide important context and new perspectives to give readers a fresh angle on key issues.
- The Year in Review: The World Almanac takes a look back at 2019 while providing all the information you'll need in 2020.
- 2019—Top 10 News Topics: The editors of The World Almanac list the top stories that held the world's attention in 2019.
- 2019—Year in Sports: Hundreds of pages of trivia and statistics that are essential for any sports fan, featuring coverage of the women’s World Cup soccer tournament; a quick preview of the upcoming 2020 Olympic Games in Tokyo, Japan; the World Series, improved MLB player stats, and much more.
- 2019—Year in Pictures: Striking full-color images from around the world in 2019, covering news, entertainment, science, and sports.
- 2019—Offbeat News Stories: The World Almanac editors select some of the most unusual news stories of the year.
- World Almanac Editors' Picks: Time Capsule: The World Almanac lists the items that most came to symbolize the year 2019, from news and sports to pop culture.
- New Sections: Reorganized chapters on “Food and Agriculture,” “Educational Statistics,” and “Colleges and Universities” make it easier to find information about high interest subjects like food, nutrition, student loans, a directory of colleges, and much more.
- Other New Highlights: New statistics on income tax reform, top-grossing movies, biggest YouTube channels, religious populations in the U.S. and worldwide, and much more.
About the Author
Sarah Janssen is the senior editor of The World Almanac and Book of Facts. She lives in Brooklyn, NY.