Read Between the Lynes applauds and welcomes the works of local authors. As a business, we must evaluate each book we purchase, each event we host, as well as each product we choose to carry, through sensible and cost effective business practices. It is in this train of thought that we have come up with the following policy for our local authors.
“Local Author Spotlight”. We will be happy to feature and host a local author on Sunday afternoons for the duration of ninety (90) minutes, 1:00-2:30 pm. The cost to the author for this event is $35.00. For this fee, you will be given the following: *A table, chair and space to host your gathering. (Read Between the Lynes staff will be responsible for setting up and breaking down the event space).
Marketing to include:
- *In-store display of books with signage (that we create) of the event date and time.
- *Listing on our website under our Local Author Spotlight, as well as on our website calendar.
- *Facebook business page event listing.
- *Press release sent to our local papers, Chamber of Commerce, and area marketing venues we employ.
- *Feature on our weekly email update and newsletter.
- *Marketing to your fan base and any marketing avenues that you employ.
- *Sales of books. Books will NOT be sold through Read Between the Lynes, but by you.
- *If you would like for us to carry your books on consignment after the event, we will be happy to do so with the total charge for event and stocking your books being $50.00.
We look forward to working with you and helping you promote your work.
For further information, please contact us at email@example.com .